J’ai quelque chose de nouveau!
Nous allons apprendre
des chansons en français aussi!
Calling all Princesses, Super Heroes and
Princess Super Heroes!
Your preschooler’s imagination is at its most potent! This music class will harness that
creativity and build a unique environment in which our musical activities will unfold. They won’t even notice how much they’re learning. “Miss Susan” will help set the stage for future musical success with the most important
This fall features the Imagine That unit, “See What I Saw”! Each lively class invites children into a world of play where musical concepts such as steady beat, tempo (speed), and
dynamics (quiet/loud) are discovered and explored – like going on an imaginary trip to Grasshopper Park to sail down the park slide with a lo-o-ng vocal glissando! Singing, dancing, playing percussion
instruments, musical storytelling, and more! A fun way to develop not only foundational music skills, also the social, listening, and
pre-literacy skills necessary for school success! Families are invited to join us for “Sharing Time”, the last 15 minutes of each forty-five minute class. Weekly ‘projects’ for families continue the fun at home throughout the week. A wonderful preparation and enrichment
experience for children about to start or already in Kindergarten at school!
Home Materials include a “clatterpillar” percussion instrument , “Grasshopper Park” Play Set Theatre, two musical storybooks, The Ant Picnic Feast and Can You Find Me?, double CD, and backpack. (Backpack is reused each “Imagine That” session.)
|Mondays 5:15 – 6:00 pm 3 spaces left!
||Sept. 11th – Dec. 18th (no class Oct. 9th)|
Fee (including tuition, Home Materials and HST): $315
($300 if reusing the special “Imagine That” packback; $215 if reusing all “See What I Saw!” Home Materials incl. backpack from a previously enrolled sibling.)
Benefits for Preschoolers
Preschoolers are actively expanding their base of knowledge through trial and error, talking, moving, and yes, even being a little silly at times! There’s no limit as to how far a little imagination, a lot of music, the joy of being with friends, and some Sharing Time with family can take these eager learners who are also on their way to
becoming promising musicians in their own right.
- Language Development – The preschooler has a lot to say, and he loves to tell stories and share information. Kindermusik gives your preschooler an outlet for self-expression by capitalizing on his capacity for imaginary play, his ability to follow 3-step
directions, and his interest in making up stories and rhymes.
- Vocal Development – Now that the speaking voice is more fully developed, we’ll turn our attention to finding the song that’s in every heart. The singing we do in class will expand the children’s song repertoire, help them begin to match pitch, and teach them to use their voices expressively.
- Cognitive Development – These concrete thinkers are also
curious learners who have an increasing ability to think about ideas and things that are not immediately visible. Our
Kindermusik activities give lots of opportunities for stretching those cognitive abilities through labeling, repetition, sequencing, and participating in pretend play.
- Gross Motor Skills – Skills like hopping, skipping, running, and walking are refined as we add the challenge of moving to a
musical cue. Kindermusik helps your active preschooler become more expressive in his movement, giving her lots of opportunities to benefit from the strong connection between moving and
- Fine Motor Skills – Drawing simple objects on paper or building a tower with blocks show that your child is ready to take on the challenge of using a mallet and playing instruments with greater variety and skill. Kindermusik provides a critical bridge of
musical learning and experience.
- Social Emotional Development – Every child is a contributor in our Kindermusik classes! Respect for each child and a knowledge of age-appropriate expectations means that your child’s teacher provides a secure environment for each child to explore, learn, grow, and contribute.
- Musical Development – Kindermusik taps into your child’s
natural musicianship and developing musical skills. We’ll help your child find and develop his singing voice and teach him a
beginning vocabulary of music terms.