Kindermusik Level One for
Ages Newborn to 17 Months
for New 7 Week Programs beginning
October and November!
“Miss Susan is energetic, passionate and knowledgeable about
everything music and babies! Our 6 month old loved her music baby camp SO much! We can’t wait to attend again!”
Shannon McQuaker, Iris’ Mom
This is a special place for you and your little one to learn and connect with each other, and other parents and babies, through music and movement. Making
music together enhances all areas of your baby’s
development. Learn more about your Baby as your
Baby learns more about the world! Kindermusik Level
One is for lap babies, crawlers and walkers. There are
as many ways to enjoy each activity as there are little
ones – everyone will have fun!
And because life with babies is a bit unpredictable, you can make up unlimited lessons during your program!
There are eight independent Level One programs, each 7 weeks long, so you never have to repeat a session. Each unit features its own CD, Baby Book, Art Banners for your nursery wall, and instrument
especially designed for baby!
Cost: $14.25 per 45 minute class plus Home Materials and HST
“Dream Pillow Dance!” (Nov. 5th / 6th – Dec. 17th / 18th)
Set your daily play and sleep routines to music! Here is a “musical tool kit” to help bring more calmness into both your baby’s day and yours! Of course we’ll have lots of lively fun, too, playing lots of baby safe instruments, scarves, chime balls, and more! Learn many ways to connect more deeply with your baby through fun activities you can do at home throughout the week!
“Zoom Buggy” with Seniors at Roseview Manor, 99 Shuniah Street, is a magical intergenerational
experience! Swoosh, vroom, and clickety-clack your
way through high energy music making! Babies,
parents and grandparents will dance, sing, and play
instruments to the theme of being on the move! Afterwards stay to relax and connect with our
Kindermusik families over complimentary refreshments.
Fee per Village Program : $170 (Tuition, Home Materials and HST)
($113 if reusing Home Materials “Zoom Buggy!” or “Dream Pillow” from a previously enrolled sibling in the same program, or repeating “Zoom Buggy!” at Roseview Manor.)
| “Dream Pillow Dance”
|“Zoom Buggy!” Fridays 11:00 – 11:45 am at Roseview Manor (99 Shuniah Street)||Oct. 26th – Dec. 7th|
|“Dream Pillow Dance” Mondays 11:00 – 11:45 am at 1314 Oliver Road (Lakehead Baptist Church||Nov. 5th – Dec. 17th|
|“Dream Pillow Dance” Tuesdays 12:45 – 1:30 pm at 1314 Oliver Road (Lakehead Baptist Church||Nov. 6th – Dec. 18th|
• Language Development – You’ll hear lots of sweet coo’s and goo’s before your baby’s first words, and Kindermusik activities will help you develop your baby’s language skills through vocalization in response to music, hearing his name in songs, and exploring sounds with his own voice.
• Vocal Development – Being immersed in a bath of musical sound becomes the precursor to actual singing. Vocal play activities inspire your little one to begin to coo, babble, and hum – the beginning stages of learning to use the voice.
• Cognitive Development – Little minds present a big window of opportunity, a window that’s actually only open for so long. Simple musical play activities increase your baby’s brain development by locating sounds though instrument and object play and feeling a steady beat.
• Gross Motor Skills – One thing will naturally lead to the next as you expand your baby’s movement repertoire through activities that support rolling, crawling, and kicking during music, as well as sitting and standing independently, and later learning to walk, march, and dance.
• Fine Motor Skills – From discovering her hands to learning what her hands can do, your baby will thrive on playful activities with you that give her practice in visually tracking objects and teach her how to reach, grasp, and release those objects as well as to transfer them from hand-to-hand.
• Social Emotional Development – At a time when your child is becoming attached to you and just beginning to make her first connections with other people, Kindermusik helps you strengthen the precious bond with your child through cuddling, playing, humming, and dancing and also heighten the benefits of social interaction with others through side-by-side play and group dances.
• Musical Development – Whether you are bouncing your child to the steady beat or she is doing a fledgling “bouncy” dance on her own, your baby is primed and ready to benefit from an early introduction to music through exploring instruments, listening to sounds, and moving to music.
• Brain Development – “Miss Susan” is also your guide into how each activity contributes to your child’s development. Kindermusik engages in ongoing research about music and brain development that keep us in the forefront of early childhood music education.