J’ai quelque chose de nouveau!
Nous allons apprendre
des chansons en français aussi!
Calling all Princesses, Super Heroes and
Princess Super Heroes!
We’re going on magical, musical journeys
to exciting places!
Your preschooler’s imagination is at its most potent! This music class
will harness that creativity and build a unique environment in which
our musical activities will unfold. They won’t even notice how much
they’re learning. “Miss Susan” will help set the stage for future
musical success with the most important fundamentals!
There are four independent Level Three units (beginning in
September and February) so your child will always have new music to love! Unlike Level Two, children in Level Three attend the first half hour of our class on their own. (A playground and a playroom are available if you are waiting with a sibling during your enrolled child’s class.)
Families are invited to join us for “Sharing Time”, the last 15 minutes of each forty-five minute class. Weekly ‘projects’ for families continue the fun at home throughout the week. A wonderful preparation and enrichment experience for children about to start or already in Kindergarten at school!
Cost: $14.65 per forty-five minute class
plus Home Materials and HST
This fall features the Level Three unit, “Cities! Busy Places, Friendly Faces!” In this unit, sidewalks, elevators, skyscrapers, and world-traveling photographers are the theme. Learning through the pretend play that preschoolers adore, we’ll be rhythmically busy playing storytelling games and handcrafting city “buildings” from wax paper at home so we can make a cityscape in class! Plus every activity has some at-home adaptations so the parent can take part in the learning. With a pair of resonator bars as a featured instrument, and a multicultural, jazzy collection of music, preschoolers will develop the social and intellectual skills they’ll need in school.
Home Materials: Two literature books—Razupazu Toto and Down Our Street, Cities! game board set (pretend play manipulative component), two Home CDs featuring a collection of multicultural and jazzy music heard in class, a Family Activity Book, a pair of resonator bars with mallets as the featured instrument, all packaged in an optional Imagine That! backpack.
|Mondays 1:00 – 1:45 pm (Ontario’s Education Act allows children to be
absent from school for half a day a week for music lessons!) 2 spots left!
|Feb. 4th – May 13th (no classes Feb. 18th and Apr. 22nd)|
|Tuesdays 5:00 -5:45 pm 2 spots left!||Feb. 5th – May 14th (no classes Feb. 19th and Apr. 23rd)|
Fee (including tuition*, Home Materials and HST): $315
($300 if reusing the special turquoise Level Two packback; $215 if reusing all “Cities!” Home Materials incl. backpack from a previously enrolled sibling.)
Benefits for Preschoolers
Preschoolers are actively expanding their base of knowledge through trial and error, talking, moving, and yes, even being a little silly at times! There’s no limit as to how far a little imagination, a lot of music, the joy of being with friends, and some Sharing Time with family can take these eager learners who are also on their way to
becoming promising musicians in their own right.
- Language Development – The preschooler has a lot to say, and he loves to tell stories and share information. Kindermusik gives your preschooler an outlet for self-expression by capitalizing on his capacity for imaginary play, his ability to follow 3-step
directions, and his interest in making up stories and rhymes.
- Vocal Development – Now that the speaking voice is more fully developed, we’ll turn our attention to finding the song that’s in every heart. The singing we do in class will expand the children’s song repertoire, help them begin to match pitch, and teach them to use their voices expressively.
- Cognitive Development – These concrete thinkers are also
curious learners who have an increasing ability to think about ideas and things that are not immediately visible. Our
Kindermusik activities give lots of opportunities for stretching those cognitive abilities through labeling, repetition, sequencing, and participating in pretend play.
- Gross Motor Skills – Skills like hopping, skipping, running, and walking are refined as we add the challenge of moving to a
musical cue. Kindermusik helps your active preschooler become more expressive in his movement, giving her lots of opportunities to benefit from the strong connection between moving and
- Fine Motor Skills – Drawing simple objects on paper or building a tower with blocks show that your child is ready to take on the challenge of using a mallet and playing instruments with greater variety and skill. Kindermusik provides a critical bridge of
musical learning and experience.
- Social Emotional Development – Every child is a contributor in our Kindermusik classes! Respect for each child and a knowledge of age-appropriate expectations means that your child’s teacher provides a secure environment for each child to explore, learn, grow, and contribute.
- Musical Development – Kindermusik taps into your child’s
natural musicianship and developing musical skills. We’ll help your child find and develop his singing voice and teach him a
beginning vocabulary of music terms.